6/28/2007

The Champ !

This is Mike writing: If any of you had asked my son Eston how he is doing during the past few days, he would have immediately said "Great" ! There are a few reasons he would say this - 1) because that's how we've taught him to be; and 2) because he is. In reality though, he's had it pretty rough the past several days. For starters, he lost his beloved dog. Then, he lost both of his front teeth (natural course of things when your 6 years old); and then to cap it all off, he jumps off the couch and blacks his right eye. Of course the loss of his and LiLi's pet was the toughest on him (and how it happened was a bad situation). "Miss Annie" was a beautiful blonde lab (athletic and sweet as sugar) that we got when she was only a few weeks old. The Edge and her sort of grew into our new home together out here on the farm. They used to race through the pasture at full speed (Edge on his dirtbike) and wrestle in the grass. She is missed. Even with all of this and with his mom and dad caught up in final preparations, he's come through it all like The Champ he is. Even though I know that I'm his leader, I'm amazed at how much I learn from him and how much I'm edified by him. I'm convinced he will be the best big brother ever !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eston, it's Jermaine & Polly.
It sounds like you've had a pretty rough week. Well, we just want to let you know how strong you are (the weight lifting helps--haha), but more importantly, your heart is courageous. You've been through a lot of emotions and that's ok. Just take it a day at a time and remember Jesus is always walking with you. When we hear the name, "Eston", we can't help but smile. You bring joy to so many hearts. Luv ya lots!

Anonymous said...

Really enjoying the blog. Must have been a GOD or a Melissa idea cause I can't imagine you having a flash of brilliance such as that.....I/We really miss hang time with the Adkins and want to meet up some time soon even though I know your life is a whirlwind right now and may
be for a while with a new daughter to love on. Sure hated to hear about the sudden departure of your fine friend Miss Annie. I know that because of it, the Edge will only grow stronger.

Also, we need to catch up on boxing. I'm sending some CD's of fights.