6/25/2007

A Post for Polly

We would like to say thank you to our friends Jermaine and Polly. They have done many thoughtful things for our family (and particularly our son Eston) during this process and over the years. This is especially cool of them as they too may be adopting children in the future. We thought we'd share the following poem that Polly recently wrote about how she believes we feel as we wait to see our daughter. This is amazing !

This Child

Long before we see her
She is the essence of our dreams
Oh, we long to meet her
There's been no end (it seems)
Dad has prayed to God
"Protect my little girl"
Mom has prayed the same
"This child she is our world"
Eston too has waited
To hug his little sister
And one day she will realize
How much he really missed her
Now the time has come
To love This Child completely
We will wrap her in our arms
And call her our sweet LiLi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This ode to LiLi is precious. I couldn't keep from crying at the sweetness and love she will be receiving when she finally gets to be with her Mom and Dad and brother. I believe that God chose Mike and Melissa to nurture and cherish our LiLi Praise. I am anticipating the day when I will be able to put my arms around her and hear her say "I love you, Grammy." I am Melissa's Mother.