7/14/2007

Floats Like A Butterfly, Stings Like A Bee (Forget About Muhammed....We're Referring To LiLi !

Her right cross is swift and her ability to flail toys with precision is uncanny. That she was treated like royalty by her foster parents….there is no doubt. Words and phrases that come to mind when thinking of the flower that God so graciously bestowed upon us: lovely, firecracker, beautiful, pistol, lovely, pinball, pure, wild thing, sweet, punchy, helpful, likes to pick (on Eston & her nose); tough; sensitive, chili pepper, laughy, emotional, show out,………GOD SENT !

Even the above does not do justice to describe her and the pics mostly only show her serious/concerned side and some show her posy/sweet side. To illustrate our point: A couple of days ago while playing, she popped Edge on his already bruised eye. He simply slipped away trying to hide his tears (it hurt a bit but mostly his feelings). Yesterday while wrestling, she flung a toy (with precision) and hit Mike in the mouth. Today, she & Edge were wrestle/playing and she kicked him off the bed onto the corner of the night stand. It’s safe to say that we have our hands full but we know we’re up to the task. Regarding training and Kingdom Parenting (as we like to call it), with Eston we started when he was zero…..so this will definitely be different. As was the case however before Eston was born, we have spent much time thinking, praying and preparing how we would handle each situation with our daughter. It’s super cool to watch Melissa as she is already patiently training LiLi in a variety of areas. Even with the language barrier, it’s obvious LiLi loves it and is certainly responding beautifully.

We feel so very blessed that God would continue to entrust us with his most precious of gifts….life. As usual, the pics below are shown in the order in which they were taken earlier today.





































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gave an (unexpectedly) funny, (brutally) honest, (shrewdly) clever, and (lovely) protrayal of your time spent with LiLi.

Well, it looks like Eston will have to keep wearing those fatiques because he's up against LiLi's combat skills!

Unknown said...

Hi guys! Your journey with Lili has become a part of every day life here in the Adams' home. We check our computer every morning looking for news about how you all are doing and we look at the pictures often through out the day. We can hardly wait for you all to get home so we can see her face to face. She is beautiful and it sounds like she will fit right in with Mike and Eston and all of their adventures. You are all blessed; you to have her and her to have you. We love you and hope to see you soon.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike and Melissa,

I just got in….I have been to two showers today and I am a little tired, however I did not feel that I could rest until I emailed you a little story that has been on my heart today that I hope will encourage you. I know Melissa that you had your own heartache at the age of four. I hope you understand the heart in which I want to relate this story. I remember what it was like for me when I was Lili’s age. Please know that this is not intended to sadden you but to give you hope and understanding. I was four when my mother walked away. I had no arms to cry in or provide comfort. I remember many nights sitting in a dark corner behind my closed room door in a fetal position with the only arms wrapped around me being my own. I would cry and cry…not being allowed out of my room with the loud music and partying going on outside my room. Certain types of music have always caused me to relate to that time…in fact for many years I could not stand certain kinds of music because of it. As a little girl I remember being drawn to women who were very feminine. I just adored them and admired them. I would hang on to every word that they spoke to me and any attention that I received…whether it was helping me with my nails, hair or baking cookies ment the world to me. I say all this because when you are that young, although you grieve you also adapt very easily. When I got my first step mother I became very attached to her….my real mother called 8 years after leaving….I will be very honest….the real reason that I did not want to talk with her was because I was afraid she would try and take me away. I finally got on the phone and could no longer understand her French or accent. It was not until many years later that I found out that the reason that she called was to say good-bye…the doctor had given her six months to live. I say all of this to say…although your heart is not that Lili will forget but she will get so attached to you that the past will be just a faded memory and she will not want to trade you in for anything. Unfortunately my step mother was gone shortly after that. My point is…Melissa you represent all those things that a precious four year old little girl will eventually give anything to have as a mother. You and Mike and Easton are not going anywhere…you are a strong Christian family that the Lord has ordained for this assignment. Everything that you all are exposing her too…the comfort,love and room to allow her to grieve represent those things that are sweet and will always be in her mind. Just know that this too will end and the seasons will turn and you all will see the fruit of your labor.

I pray that the spirit of the Lord in you will cause the other adopted parents who may not know the Lord to begin their own journey of seeking out the father.

1 Chronicles 29: 11-12

Bless you,
Malika

D said...

Your pictures are just priceless...so great to see!