7/08/2007

An Interview With Eston

Q – Edge, what would you think if we asked you a few questions before we go to get your sister ? Eston - Well, I think that would be best.

Q – Tell us about your visit to China so far ? Eston - I pretty much liked it…..”because I don’t love things” but I sure liked it tremendously. It’s been pretty nice, nice people, nice hotels. I made two friends.

Q - What do you think about having a sister ? Eston - Well, I really do like it. We’re going to have a great time and I’m going to love her with all my heart I think. I know she’s going to be right here talking to us in just a few hours.

Q – What does it mean to you to be a big brother ? Eston – I like it. A big brother will need to do a lot, get things for her, teach her a lot of stuff and just help her until she learns to do things for herself. You’d need to help her learn to talk and help train her.

Q – What type of training do you think would be important ? Eston - All sorts of training, like train her to obey, train her to know scriptures. And sort of secondly important is for her to learn about history, to know about Jesus and all the people that died for us during wars and about the Declaration of Independence.

Q – What do you think LiLi is going to be like ? Eston - At first I think she will be mad and sad and maybe cry a lot but then I think later she will know she’s a part of our family, laugh a lot, be happy and a funny little girl. I’m gonna love on her the whole time and my whole life until she really gets to know us and knows everything that we know. I’ll remember this day for all of my life !

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Eston. One day I hope you can tell me all about the Declaration of Independence. You're a smart guy. Be easy.

A said...

You may be the best big brother ever!!

Anonymous said...

Eston, You are just so precious! If the way you treated Millie last January is any indication of what kind of brother you are going to be, than Lili is going to be blessed beyond measure. You were so sweet, kind and patient with her. She will never forget that time. It was very special to her, just as you are.

I'm sure you are spending time with your new little sister at this very moment. I wish I could see you all right now!

Much Love,
Aunt Tammy

Anonymous said...

Eston,
What a wonderful big brother you are. We cant wait to see you and Lili together. Love Uncle Paul and Aunt Cindy

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAhHHHHHHHH! Do you have her now? I can hardly wait for the next update!!!! I know you have much more important things going on besides updating all of us anxiously waiting by our computers.

Big Squeezing Hugs to you all!

Tam

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is Barbara and Ron Larkin. Ron works with Jeff Adkins in Bartlesville. We are also adopting from China, although we are quite a ways from travelling yet. I read your entry this morning and had tears in my eyes. How excited you all must be to finally get to see your Lili!! We will pray they everything goes well for all of you! God is so amazing to give us this gift! Maybe someday your little Lili and our little Grace will meet!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys…..just wanted to say congratulations and Jen and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayer. You may have Lili by now, and if not I hope you will have her today. Have safe travels home! By the way, I’ve been keeping up with your journey on your website. Melissa is a good writer, but Mike, you are.....well nevermind.

Have a wonderful trip home with your daughter.

Chad

D said...

Eston! I hope you are having a great time in China! What a great story about you...and I know you're going to make a great big brother! Have fun. I'll see you at some Buckner event soon, I hope!

David McDurham

Anonymous said...

All of your family is in our prayers & thoughts all the time. We just got caught up on everything that's happening over there and the anticipation is unbelievable. Hey, Edge, great interview partner! We really enjoyed it! Luke is so anxious to play with you & your sis!