7/10/2007

Wow !!!

We will start this post by quoting something that Eston said yesterday. While we were on our way to get LiLi, he spoke up and asked the following question to our adoption representative. “ummm, so Ashley, when do we need to pay the money…..……..you know…..to buy LiLi ?”

It’s 10:30pm here (9:30am in Texas). This is Mike writing (Miss is with me right now…we’re so excited about everything): The pictures show a lot but just can’t do this justice. We want to say that God has given us way more than we could have ever asked for, expected or…….(emotional)…..even thought possible (See Ephesians 3:20). We are unable to truly describe how we feel about what is going on right now. For all out there who will have the pleasure of meeting our girl LiLi……..well, we don’t know what to tell you…..we’re speechless on the issue because words will not do it justice. We will do our best here so bear with us.

LiLi is still grieving but at the same time is growing very, very close to Melissa. She won’t let her out of her site and hugs and loves on her all day. They laugh and play; they talk even though they can’t understand each others words; they interact in such a lovely way…it’s truly difficult to describe. Today was such a beautiful day, so wonderful to watch this little girl heal and watch her let her guard down. She trusts Melissa with all of her heart already and her BIG personality is rushing like water from a bursting dam. She picks and pokes on Eston, teasing him and laughing….like she's been with us all along. She sings and talks in mandarin and has such a good time. She plays hard and apparently doesn’t feel physical pain. Eston is still trying to figure it all out. He desperately wants to hug and love on her but she’s not quite ready for him yet (or me either (Mike) for that matter). Though, there were a couple of occasions today where she sure enjoyed hugging her big brother “gaa gaa” as you can see in the pictures.

The pics below are shown in the order in which they were taken today. Thanks for all the comments…we love reading them first thing in the morning when we wake up.


































10 comments:

A said...

Are you guys going to make me cry every time you post something?....yes, probably so!!! The pictures are great--I absolutely love the one where LiLi is hugging Eston. Thank you for letting us live vicariously through your experience. It gives me hope. Will continue to pray for you guys. Blessings on you.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,Wow it seems an eternity since the last blog.Thank you so much for all the updates. She looks so tiny, but looks like she can give a pretty powerful hug.Eston have you reached 100 pushups yet? Cant wait to see you all.Love Cindy

Anonymous said...

did you sleep at all last night? What a personality she has and Eston looks as if he is sliding in to role of big brother. It is amazing the work God is doing with your family already...people are praying. I'm not surprised that LiLi is doing so great with Melissa; she is a wonderful mom and definately has a special heart for children. Can't wait to see the days to come. I love how God uses these little gems to teach us so much about Himself. The heart of a child is a glorious thing and I'm so excited that you all get to play a part in molding and shaping her for God's Kingdom, what an honor and priveledge. Anyway, I'm rambling....love to everyone. I feel like I know her already but still can't wait to meet her...
Laura

D said...

So good to read your entries! Thanks for posting while you're there. The pictures are adorable. I know Melissa is loving getting to do the girly things like painting little toenails!

Continued grace for the journey!

Kris said...

She is so precious! I am glad that she is adjusting well. Continuing to pray for your family!

Anonymous said...

What a couple of days you've had!! I can't explain the feelings I had in my chest when I saw the pictures of you meeting and holding her! I wanted to cry, laugh, and shout all at the same time! The look in her eyes as she is shaking Eston's hand grips my heart. I'm praying that her grieving will be immediate,healthy, and complete as well. Goodbye to the old...hello to the rest of her life. Brand new and BLESSED! She's all yours! She is so beautiful. I couldn't have imagined HOW beautiful she would be. I can't help but wonder what she is thinking. The photos of Melissa playing and taking care of Lili make me especially emotional. You can just feel the love in them...all the years of prayer and yearning. It's like looking at a mother who has just given birth...looking at her new little life. Thank you for sharing this special time with all of us!
Prayers and Blessings,
Deborah L.

Anonymous said...

I think we speak for everyone when saying, "She is an absolute Angel." She really is. Eston, we knew you'd be the best big brother--ever! The pictures show how gentle you are and we know you will always protect her. We figured LiLi would adjust pretty quickly, but can't believe how smooth this transition really is!

We look at your website several times a day, just re-reading the posts and adoring the photos--we get goosebumps everytime. I don't know how anybody could look at the photo of Melissa painting her daughter's pretty toes and not tear up. LiLi looks so comfortable in Mike's arms. She's just perched up there with the
no-boy-is-ever-going-to-date-me attitude. I got my Daddy. I love it. That little girl loves and trusts ya'll sooo much.

We know you are busy with your son and daughter, but we really appreciate you taking the time to update the site.

Oh, btw, "Thanks for the thoughtful card. It made our day!"

Christy said...

Those pictures are absolutely priceless! :) I am loving reading and looking every day at how God has and is orchestrating every moment! WOW!!! Thankyou so much for updating--it's like reading a book, only better...

Love the pic of Melissa painting LiLi's toes! :)

Love,
Christy

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I saw your web page on Lili. That is so wonderful. She looks like a beautiful child. I am so excited for you guys and wish you the very best with this new opportunity that God has given you. I know as a church we can't wait to meet her!!
See you soon,

Melissa Hayes

Anonymous said...

Rejoice! He is always good. What a sight all of you are to the heavenly realm (Ephesians 3:10-11).I'm thinking there must be something equivalent to a Pep Rally happening in the heavenlies as the love of God gushes from your hearts and refreshes and ministers in supernatural ways to little LiLi. Delight!! :-) Psalm 84:11 Love you all-nancy